Island Food Tour is the first of its kind in the city of Nassau. A mobile culinary tour, providing travelers with a unique sensory experience throughout the island of New Providence. Our tailored tours offer amazing insights into the history and inspiration for flavorful dishes of the Bahamas, while exploring the culture of the island in its entirety. This stunning experience is truly one of a kind, a true representation of all things Bahamian.
We are currently looking for an experienced tour/driving guide to join our small team of professionals. You must be highly energetic with a strong sense of adventure, have a sound knowledge of the staple Bahamian dishes and our history. A high level of communication, time management and problem-solving skills are a must. A background in gastronomy is an added bonus.
- Consulting with clients to ascertain tour requirements
- Liaising with local restaurants
- Driving guests to each restaurant stop and highlighting historical sites
- Supervising/Monitoring gear and vehicle
- Applying environmental and guest safety standards throughout tours
- Guiding guests through the dining experience at each destination
- Providing engaging and informative gastro-focused content
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Education, Guiding, and Tourism or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- Bahama Host Certified Public Service Driver with culinary skills, Passion for the outdoors
- Interest in and ability to interpret gastronomy and cultural history
- High level of customer service and the ability to build rapport
- Current driver’s license
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office
This is a rewarding position based in the Capital of the Bahamas. If you love all things food as much as you love people, then we want to hear from you.
You can use the form below to apply: