Flavors of Nassau
Driving Food Tour
Flavors of Nassau
Driving Food Tour
Price: $11000 per adult | $9000 per child
Time: 4 hours | Available 7 days a week (booking in advance required)
Where: For cruise ship passengers: Prince George Wharf. For hotel guests, pickup will be at Rawson Square, Bay Street in front of the Sir Milo Butler Statue.
Tour Style: Driving
Group Size: 6 - 13 people (Minimum of 6 people in a single group required)
Weather Condition: Tour takes place rain or shine
It’s more than food – its a sensory experience.
Flavors of Nassau is the opportunity every foodie dreams about. The chance to sample from the secret recipes of Grandma’s kitchen as well as the refined culinary creations of Nassau’s best chefs all from the comfort and convenience of our passenger van deigned with foodies in mind. Sip, sample and savor as the Flavors Van shuttles you to foodie heaven in air conditioned comfort.
With over a hundred restaurants, food stalls and food trucks around the island, narrowing down where to dine can be daunting. The Flavors of Nassau food tour will allow you to sample an array of options that represent the full spectrum of Bahamian dining. These locations have been handpicked to give you the best taste of the island with diverse and hearty food options.
What you will love about this tour is that not only do you get history, culture and tasty cuisine, there are also interactive experiences such as conch cracking, making your own Bahama Mama and learning how to steep our islands famous bush teas!
Participate as vendors pull Queen Conch from her shell, a staple and favorite among Bahamian cooking. It is prepared raw in a salad known as “conch salad”, beaten and deep fried in a dish known as “cracked conch” or it can be cooked with herbs in a tomato base known as “stew conch”.
Let your taste be your guide as you become a resident mixologist! Learn the right measurements for creating our signature Bahama Mama.
Our island is steeped in history and as our grandparents would say “there’s nothing a little bush tea cant fix!” From the common cold, to leg pain, with Bush Tea there is a remedy for it all. Get your hands dirty learning to steep fever grass and 5 fingers teas and sample them hot or cold.
- Five (5) restaurant stops
- A knowledgeable and charismatic tour guide
- Historical and recipe talks by professionals at the various stops
- Tips on the best food choices Nassau has to offer (not only our stops)
- Interactive and hands on experiences with local foods
- Sample local fruits when they’re in season. Every month is a different fruit.
- Keep track of the places we visit on the “Flavors Map”, a handy guide if you want to return to any of the stops on the tour.
- Enjoy a complimentary pickup in our 15 seat Flavors Van that leaves from the heart of Downtown Nassau and journeys east down iconic Bay Street, past the House of Parliament and Rawson Square then heads westerly, past the Nassau Public Library and Museum, then Government House and towards iconic Fort Charlotte.
- From there the tour makes its first tasting stop at the world famous Shoal Restaurant.
- Next we’ll drive past The Office of the Prime Minister and then the Prime Minister’s residence en route to our second tasting stop, The Daq Shack a favorite among the locals.
- The foodie adventure continues to the world-famous Fish Fry where we will sample mouth watering conch at Drifters Restaurant.
- From there it’s a hop skip and a jump to a family run tea maker Tasty Teas.
- Journey onto o a Five-Star property boasting of having the only chocolate factory on the island, Graycliff Choclatier.
- Enjoy the scenery and riveting commentary as we make our way back to Downtown Nassau. Follow the entire journey on your Flavors Map and guide!
We’re waiting to welcome you onboard! Along the route, our expert tour guide will direct guests points to points of interest such as the House of Parliament, historic forts and other prominent landmarks. Relax and come hungry!